It occurs in nature in volcanic regions. Ammonium chloride is easy to produce synthetically, often created as a byproduct in other industries. Especially in the production of sodium carbonate, ammonia is obtained as a by-product in the soda process. It dissolves easily in water, easily forms a slightly acidic solution. It can be used as a source of ammonia. It is used in the production of ammonium perchlorate. It is used as a feed supplement for cattle, in hair shampoos, in textile printing, in glues that bind plywood, as a nutrient medium for yeasts, in cleaning products, and also in cough medicine. Other applications; It can be listed as an electrolyte in a dry cell, as a pickling agent in zinc plating and tinning, as brazing fluxes to separate oxide coatings from metals, and to improve the adhesion of solders.
Appearance: White Odorless Hygroscopic Powder.
Chemical Name: Ammonia Salt, Starch
Chemical Formula: NH4Cl
Packaging Type: In 25 Kg Bags
Definition and Usage:
- In the production of dry batteries and some explosives,
- As flux raw material in galvanization industry, tin plating, hot-dip galvanization,
- In the cosmetic industry, if ALS is used as a surfactant, Ammonium Chloride is used to thicken the shampoo and in the production of some cleaners,
- Refining / refining some noble metals (like gold),
- Drying some synthetic adhesives,
- Hardening urea formaldehyde resins (use in MDF industry) / Making plywood adhesives.
- The raw materials and auxiliary materials used in particleboard/MDF production are given below.
- raw materials;
- Wood (beech, poplar and spruce
- cotton stalk,
- urea formaldehyde glue
- Polyvinyl acetate glue,
- Ammonium chloride (33%). (Using ammonium chloride diluted)
- It is used as an adjuvant in the pharmaceutical industry (Adjuvant: A substance in a prescription that helps in the emergence of the effects of other drugs), as an expectorant in cough syrups, and because of its diuretic feature.
- In the textile and leather industry, dyeing, printing and polishing cotton,
- In the production of soldering stone to be used in soldering (made by Ahmet Yürekli in İzmir)
- (As ammonia (NH3) and hydrochloric acid (HCl) formed by the decomposition of salt remove the oxide layer formed on the surface of the metal, the metal becomes available for solder.)
- As an additive in the feed industry, to prevent urinary stone in cattle feed,
- Lack of water consumption, calcium – phosphorus imbalance in feed, vitamin A deficiency can cause urinary stones in calves. When there is a urinary stone problem, it is necessary to analyze the feed and water. Free watering with float waterers, adjusting the calcium-phosphorus balance in the feed, adding sodium chloride (salt), ammonium chloride to the ration prevents urinary stones.
- It is used in fertilizer making.
- It is used as an additive in yeast production.
- In some countries it is used to make drinks and liquors.
- It is used as an energy source for microbiological growth of organisms in biological applications.
- As a food additive (in the production of a confectionery type known as both sweet and salty in Europe and America)