Definition and Usage Area of Ammonium persulfate
It dissolves in water and decomposes. Ammonium persulfate is a strong oxidizing agent used in many applications and generates free radicals.
- As etching agent in glass, zinc and PCB production process
- In textile and bleaching processes; in color and deodorizing oils
- In the production of paints
- Copper is used as a surface treatment agent and as a soil conditioner.
- It is used in the polymerization of acrylonitrile, generally in the production of polyacrylonitrile fibers with alkali sulfides, in the emulsion polymerization of monomers.
- As a whitener in the production of flour, oil, glue, soap etc. It is used in industrial branches such as plastic, photography, perfumery. It is used as an oxidizer in the production of various chemicals and metallurgy.
- monomers in the polymerization of krylonitrile, often in the production of polyacrylonitrile fibers with alkaline sulfides.
- In emulsion polymerization.
- In industrial branches such as plastic, photography, perfumery.
- As an oxidizer in the manufacture of various chemicals and metallurgy.
Precautions during Storage and Use:
Ammonium persulfate is a kind of non-inflammable product, but it has combustion-supporting action because it can release oxygen, therefore, it should be stored under certain conditions. First, it should be stored in dry and closed container; Second, it should keep away from sunlight, heat sources and moisture; Moreover, some impurities such as defilement, rust, some metals and reducers can cause the decomposition of ammonium persulfate, therefore, these matters should be paid attention to during storage and use. Because the moist ammonium persulfate powder and its aqueous solution have bleaching and slight corrosiveness, the operate should avoid eyes, skins or clothing direct contacting with it.